Saturday, August 22, 2009

MMSC15 Sketch

Midnight Madness sketch #15


Here is my take on the Midnight Madness sketch #15. I did a fall card with lots of layers. This card is so different from the others that I created that I still don't feel like it's a winner.
Card Stock: Kraft, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, More Mustard
Stamp Set: Trendy Trees
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Other: Chocolate Chip Ribbon, Backgrounds 1 texturz plates


With the same sketch, I also created a layout minus the ribbon for a challenge that Ann hosted at Pages in Time. The challenge was to scrap a 5 x 7 photo and I was the lucky winner...Yippy for me, Thanks Ann!! Next weekend be sure to stop in for this month's crop at Pages in Time. The theme is going to be Wet and Wild. It will take place on the Aug. 29.
Card Stock: Chocolate Chip,
Stamp Set:
Ink:
Other: retired 2008 Simply Scrappin' Tie the Knot

Now on to some blog candy that Priscilla is offering! She is giving away 5 stamp sets!

6 comments:

Phyllis said...

I really like the card. I love those round trees and your fall colors with the purple ribbon!! Your layers are wonderful, really great card. The Midnight Madness Design Team thanks you for playing in our challenge. See you next week!!

Phyllis MMDesign Team
aka SparklePlenty1000 at SCS

Girl can Knit - Cherry Lane Knit Stamp Quilt said...

Nice Scrapbook page as well! Is that your Issei Grandparents?

Carol Hurlock said...

Cher, I think your fall card is a total winner. It is so unique and creative and have great design elements. The layering is superb. I find your card fascinating and enthralling. Well done.

Hugs,
Carol
www.chocolatecraftsandbearsohmy.blogspot.com

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Cher, that fall card is looking good! I rather like the dimensional shapes you have. It gives it a more modern feel :) And what a difference it is between the 2nd card using the vintage photo... that was pretty neat! Thanks for playing with us this week, and good luck on the prize drawing! Be sure to check the blog candy on my page as you've played this sketch and you're eligible, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Love your card!! It looks like fall with these pretty colors!! Love all your trees and dimension. Awesome take on the sketch!! Thanks for playing along with the MMSC this week!

Sunshine said...

Terrific card & scrapbook page! Good luck with this weeks contest! Hugz, Sunshine of Sunshine's Stamps:)